Saturday, January 1, 2011

Slowing weight loss

It has been seven days since I started the weight loss plan.... Oh yeah, Happy New Year!!!!! I weighed in today and I have lost another 6oz since yesterday. I am truly glad to have lost anything but I am beginning to wonder why the lost is slowing down. I am thinking it may be because my body is getting accustomed to less food and calories. Truthfully, I haven't really been hungry so the last few days I may only eat once and just fill up on water and tea. I do know from dealing with my clients that the body will go into starvation mode and start holding on to fat, so I know it is super important to eat many small meals throughout the day.

So, starting today, I will run a little experiment to see if my suspicions are correct. I want to pace myself to eat every 2 to 3 hours, small snacks, so everything will be served on a small saucer. I will do this until next Fridays weigh in ( Jan 7, 2011) and we will see if the weight loss speeds up on a daily average. So far it has averaged a pound a day but the last couple days has been no where near a pound and I am truly impatient!

I never told you what my goal is but I would like to be down at least 40lbs by my birthday 2/6  and my final goal is not really a number on a scale but a size 12 in clothes.  (I am going to do mini goals until I reach the size 12, so 40lbs is the first stop.) Yeah, I know that still sounds large to some, but I am currently an 18/20 depending on the brand. At a 12, my waist is itty bitty and my hips and thighs just like I like them so that is my stopping point. If I remember correctly, that is about 180lbs but I haven't been that size since high school sooooo with body changes, that may be different also.

Enough babbling. I will update you all on Friday with the results and see if the slowing weight loss is caused but what I think.....

Goal 40lbs
Lost 8lbs
Total remaining 32lbs
Days remaining 36 days

No comments:

Post a Comment